the adherents

Learn languages the easiest way!

Learn languages the easiest way!
Click the logo above to experience the best way to learn spoken languages :~)

(,") (",)

Keep on smiling. Like yawning, it's contagious. Trust me.

facebook.formspring.twitter.


Blogger Widgets

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Questions (Tagged)

1. Nama timangan anda? (Your nickname?)
> Na-At home (",)
> Ilyana-Kindergarten (Innocent time, full name)
> Il-Primary School (Sounds like I'm sick. I'm Ill)
> Ilya-Secondary Shool (My sister's name too, which made her brag all day bout me loving her name. Yuckie~)
> Yana-PLKN (Serious shit I hate it when they call me this)
> Fira-Matriculation College in Pahang. KmPh.
> Aza-IPGM Penang Campus (Present one)
> Fina-English Language Camp 2008
> Naza-Badan Pencegah Rasuah Camp 2008

2. Anda seorang yang... (You are....)
>Revengeful. Friendly although physically, I'm not. At least, that's what people told me before. :)

3. Insan Teristimewa..Describekan dia yang terlalu istimewa di mata anda.. (The most special person. Describe about him/her...)
> Okay, I'm smiling now ;) Besides my FnF, Mohd Nor Hafizi bin Abdullah. Describe him? His smile, his laughter, the way he talks, his predictable actions, his unpredicatble thoughts, his kindness, his generosity, his knowledge, the way he controls anger, the way he treats me, the way he makes me feel, his love, the way he misses me, his calls, the... Um, shall I go on to the next question...? :)

4. Lagu kesukaan anda (Your favourite song)
> Have tons of it. Don't wanna specify any here.

5. Makanan kesukaan anda... (Your favourite food)
> Anything chocolaty or have that vanilla taste. Um, I eat almost anything. As long as it is halal, I'll try it. Heh :)

6. Tag 5 rakan anda
-1. Don't wanna force nyone here. So, for anyone kekeringan idea, can take this one.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Did you know these?

Many people are unaware of the most disgusting things that affects our every day life. You'd never realize how much you interact with gross things on a day to day basis. Some may affect your daily routine, while others are just fun to read! It's quite funny how these things don't bother
us until we know the truth behind them. Everything changes once you are aware of something. Ah, ignorance is bliss. This article may not be appropriate for young children, read with caution.

1. Ever have a craving for a peanut butter sandwich? That thick, yummy, and creamy goodness. In one pound of peanut butter, it typically can contain up to 150 bug fragments and 5 rodent hairs.

2. House flies go to the bathroom roughly every 4.5 minutes. Think about that next time you see one fly on your delicious dinner.

3. Step outside and smell the roses. On a daily average you will inhale 1 liter of others anal gasses.

4. In the mood for fast food? An average person will consume 12 pubic hairs in their fast food annually. Gross!

5. It's summer time, and that means the pools are open! If you swim one hour in a public pool you will intake 1/12 liters of urine.

6. Creepy crawling cockroaches. As if they aren't disgusting looking enough. These insects carry over 40 different pathogens which risk being transferred to humans. Included is pneumonia, plague, hepatitis, and typhoid fever just to name a few.

7. Need to use the bathroom? When a person pees, a small deposit of urine enters the mouth through the saliva glands.

8. Need that morning jump? Next time you go out to the coffee shop think about this, diarrhea induced E.Coli was found on 10% of coffee mugs in the U.S.

9. Enjoy a nice cup of yogurt? You might want to double check the ingredients again. Some yogurts and jelly sweets contain beef or pork gelatin.

10. Think you've got it bad when you vomit? The longest recorded projectile vomiting is 27 feet. I wonder what he ate.

11. We all like a man who gives a nice firm hand shake. However, you might want to think twice before returning the firm grip. Annually you will shake hands with 6 men who have recently masturbated and did not wash their hands.

DID you know that women fart three times more often than men?

Probably not. And it’s quite likely you would prefer not to know!

But for those with a penchant for all things grotesque, it’s a disgustingly fascinating fact.

And it’s just one revolting morsel taken from new book Really Gross Facts which is out now.

Here we have selected some of the most nauseating:
# Your sponge contains more bacteria than your toilet.

# 50 per cent of women and more than 90 per cent of men don’t wash their hands after they’ve been to the loo – unless someone else is watching them.

# The biggest tapeworm ever found inside the human body was 35 metres long.

# Over your lifetime you will produce enough spit to fill a swimming pool.

# When Eskimo babies have colds, their mothers suck the snot out of their noses.

# Every year, 14 bugs find their way into your mouth while you sleep. And yes, you do swallow most of them.

# Parks in London are watered by more than one million gallons of dog urine every single year.

# If your head is chopped off, your brain will keep functioning for about 15 seconds!

# The Romans used crushed mouse brains as toothpaste.

# If you consume takeaways on a regular basis you will swallow about 12 pubic hairs a year.

# You don’t sweat evenly under each arm. Right-handed people sweat more under their left arm and it’s the right arm that gets sweatier for left-handed people.

Various sources.

Weird but true

In this world there are thousand and millions and billions things that have never been found by anyone yet but they exist. Weird but true facts are something that is yet to be discovered but thanks to the technology and scientists and critical thinkers, these discoveries are now known to us...

Butterflies taste with their feet.

Haha. Imagine if we humans taste with our feet.


A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

I've known this fact before. Too bad, when I asked this question to my teachers and friends, they laughed at me. :(


In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's nuclear weapons combined.

Imagine if one (the hurricane) hits us. Ouch!


On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.

Seriously??


On average people fear spiders more than they do death.

I'm definitely not in this group of people. Thank God.


Ninety percent of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants.

It must be an easy job over there.


Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.

If you intended to do this, then, why did you get married?


Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.

If they jump, I'm sure things beneath them will crack.


Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.

I wish I could be one of them, but without the diseases and all.


It's possible to lead a cow upstairs... but not downstairs.

Does anyone have a cow? Try this and let me know.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

I didn't realize this before.


The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.

Haha. The first time I read this years ago, I wondered "Did the engineers even know what's the use of a library for?"


A snail can sleep for three years.

Wish human does too. Um, does sleeping in our grave is counted too?


No word in the English language rhymes with

"MONTH".

I'm thinking... Thinking... Thinking... Um, yes. Yes. Nothing rhymes.


Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.

Pity those baseballs :(


Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

Knowing this one too before, I wanted to measure my children's noses and ears and eyes when they're born.


The electric chair was invented by a dentist.

He must've thought of this when he lost his patience with one of his patients who struggled during the treating session. So, don't try to break free when the dentist is treating you or else, he might come up with something new, something worse than the electric chair. Haha.


All polar bears are left handed.

They say that left-handed people tend to have shorter life span. I hope that's not true because I've people that are dear to me that are lefties.


In ancient Egypt, priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.

Ouch! And they say that if you pluck all your eyelashes and eyebrows, you can see ghosts... Wanna give it a try?


An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

This is obviously a well-known fact. What some of us didn't know is, the bigger the human's brain is, the smarter that person is. At least, this is what I learnt when I was in Form 3.


TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

I did use this before.


A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.

It's tongue must be short. If it can go on Yahoo Messenger, I'm sure it cannot do like this icon. :P


"Go." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.

I wish I should've known this before entering the institute so that if the lecturer tells me to write a sentence containing a verb, I could just write this.

"Go"


If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall.

Think that's attractive? Don't think so.


The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

And I thought that match is ancient.


Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.

Wow! I'm full.

Source: WeirdFacts101

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Diseases

There are millions of diseases around the world but there's one in particular that I interests me more than others: CANCER. But, will be concentrating on that in the my post later on.

Here are some facts that I found while surfing through the net about random diseases.
  • People that use mobile phones are 2.5 time more likely to develop cancer in areas of the brain that are adjacent to the ear they use to talk on the mobile phone.

  • Over 90% of diseases are caused or complicated by stress.

  • Over 436,000 U.S. Troops were exposed to depleted uranium during the first Gulf war.

  • On average, 90% of the people that have the disease Lupus are female.

  • Many cancer patients that are treated with chemotherapy lose their hair. For some when the hair grows back, it can grow back a different colour, or be curly or straight.

  • Diabetes is the fourth leading cause of death in the U.S., accounting for about 180,000 deaths per year.

  • Chances of a women getting breast cancer are increased by excessive use of alcohol.

  • A popular superstition is that if you put a piece of bread in a baby's crib, it will keep away diseases.

  • A person that is struck by lightning has a greater chance of developing motor neurons disease.

  • Every year in the U.S., there are 178,000 new cases of lung cancer.

  • Every three minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer.

  • Asthma affects one in fifteen children under the age of eighteen.

  • Every eleven minutes in the U.S., a woman dies of breast cancer.

Only a few are listed here. more coming. But remind me please...

Monday, June 15, 2009

I got myself an award! ;)

Peraturan:
  • Kena letak award ni di blog
  • Bagi award ni kepada 10 blogger yang rapat dengan anda atau yang anda suka/minat atau yang anda senangi dan memberi inspirasi kepada anda
  • Memberitahu penerima award ni dengan memberikan komen di blog mereka

Yay! I got an award. Two actually. 1st one from mR.DaNy GiGa-HeRtZ and another one from apek. Thanx a lot :) As a token of appreciation, here I am promoting their blogs although they didn't tell me to. Thanx again :)

Those that are given this award (here I go, promoting again at the same time):

Saturday, June 13, 2009

...watch it...

When I started to watch this, I thought, what's so special about him that makes him appear here. But then...



I was moved. A lot of us have given up in this life. But then, what bout this guy? What bout him? He's nothing like us. For some, they may see him as having no life. But he's happier than some of us. Forever grateful to God by giving him the life. Taking every chance to be happy. Gosh, he ought to be a role model... Just take a moment and think...

Saturday, June 6, 2009

My most beloved ones...

We were having our supper, my dad, my mum, my younger brother and sister. As the clock struck 12 midnight, the family sang The Birthday Song to the youngest one among us, my little sister. A few minutes later, she went to my dad's office, next to the living room, where I was at that moment, with the intention of playing Pet Society on Facebook. A short while later, my mum entered that room, wanting to play some computer games and that was when she had to fight for her rights of playing the computer, with that sister of mine. Mum was hurt by what she said and went upstairs to cool herself, and I just watched her gone.

The next morning, I woke up at 12 noon and sure enough, dad was furious about us waking up late and everything that we did seemed to be wrong in his eyes. "Clean up the room, wash the dishes, do the laundry," he said. I was with my sister, the birthday girl, when my dad called her down to have her breakfast. He passed her the kuih2 he bought and my sister grabbed it and put it on the dining table and straight away came back to the living room, where I was. My dad got angry as she just laid the food there, like she's trying to be generous to the flies, instead of putting it under the covers. Then, she yelled back at him and the fight begun. They argued over that and sad enough, I was there and could do nothing about it. He later then left feeling at his worst. I pictured myself to be in my sister's shoes and because I've had arguments like this before with my dad, my tears ran down, regretting those moments.

When I recall those moments, I've tons of times have these kinda thoughts:
  • It's better to live in hell than a home like this.
  • Shut up, will u?!
  • U go die la~
  • I hate u so much that I feel like killing u.
Then, the next day, I'll regret it very much and didn't know how to say sorry because I was too embarassed to even look into their eyes. *Sigh~ I know that I can't live my life till this day if it's not because of them.

Thinking back on times like that, I feel so bad and ashamed with myself. Even as I'm typing everything here, I think, I'm having glassy eyes now. All I can say is that, I love my parents, very VERY very much.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Afraid...

I really regret opening this person's blog (I'm promoting the blog too btw :)). Urm, OMG. Seriously I regret it. It's not because the posts in it are boring. No, not at all, but... I've OPHIDIOPHOBIA!! How I wish I'd opened it earlier, before that post :(

Dush dush dush!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm such a hottie~

Fuh, seriously, sgt2 lah panas lately nie. Okay, to be honest, before nie, I took my shower once in 3-7 days if I'm back at home. (But hey, I'm saving water!) Sgt lah susah utk mengeluarkan peluh jika di rumah. Except when I go jogging of course. But then, since the day I got back here from Penang, 290509, I have to take my shower at least once in two days. If not, I'm getting burned up. It makes me wanna go to the swimming pool everyday. Seriously, it's freaking hot nowadays, no matter where you are. Even if I'm staying in an air-conditioned room all day long, that doesn't keep me from the heat outside :( It just makes my skin dehydrates faster. *Sigh~

I'm an environmentalist (Well, not the extreme one, but enough to avoid this earth from being destroyed, on my part the least). When I learned bout the environment in my Social Studies, I had to carry out tasks that required me to google the facts up and search some videos on YouTube. The datas and information that I gathered were enough to surprise me. I feel like this planet is gonna blow up any time soon and the authorities are aware of that. Yet, not much has been done to control this situation from getting outta hand.

Please citizens, help this world to minimize the sufferings of those living on it, and it's not just us...

Note: It's hard to save water by not taking shower these days...
Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget