Many people are unaware of the most disgusting things that affects our every day life. You'd never realize how much you interact with gross things on a day to day basis. Some may affect your daily routine, while others are just fun to read! It's quite funny how these things don't botherus until we know the truth behind them. Everything changes once you are aware of something. Ah, ignorance is bliss. This article may not be appropriate for young children, read with caution.
1. Ever have a craving for a peanut butter sandwich? That thick, yummy, and creamy goodness. In one pound of peanut butter, it typically can contain up to 150 bug fragments and 5 rodent hairs.
2. House flies go to the bathroom roughly every 4.5 minutes. Think about that next time you see one fly on your delicious dinner.
3. Step outside and smell the roses. On a daily average you will inhale 1 liter of others anal gasses.
4. In the mood for fast food? An average person will consume 12 pubic hairs in their fast food annually. Gross!
5. It's summer time, and that means the pools are open! If you swim one hour in a public pool you will intake 1/12 liters of urine.
6. Creepy crawling cockroaches. As if they aren't disgusting looking enough. These insects carry over 40 different pathogens which risk being transferred to humans. Included is pneumonia, plague, hepatitis, and typhoid fever just to name a few.
7. Need to use the bathroom? When a person pees, a small deposit of urine enters the mouth through the saliva glands.
8. Need that morning jump? Next time you go out to the coffee shop think about this, diarrhea induced E.Coli was found on 10% of coffee mugs in the U.S.
9. Enjoy a nice cup of yogurt? You might want to double check the ingredients again. Some yogurts and jelly sweets contain beef or pork gelatin.
10. Think you've got it bad when you vomit? The longest recorded projectile vomiting is 27 feet. I wonder what he ate.
11. We all like a man who gives a nice firm hand shake. However, you might want to think twice before returning the firm grip. Annually you will shake hands with 6 men who have recently masturbated and did not wash their hands.
DID you know that women fart three times more often than men?
Probably not. And it’s quite likely you would prefer not to know!
But for those with a penchant for all things grotesque, it’s a disgustingly fascinating fact.
And it’s just one revolting morsel taken from new book Really Gross Facts which is out now.
Here we have selected some of the most nauseating:
# Your sponge contains more bacteria than your toilet.
# 50 per cent of women and more than 90 per cent of men don’t wash their hands after they’ve been to the loo – unless someone else is watching them.
# The biggest tapeworm ever found inside the human body was 35 metres long.
# Over your lifetime you will produce enough spit to fill a swimming pool.
# When Eskimo babies have colds, their mothers suck the snot out of their noses.
# Every year, 14 bugs find their way into your mouth while you sleep. And yes, you do swallow most of them.
# Parks in London are watered by more than one million gallons of dog urine every single year.
# If your head is chopped off, your brain will keep functioning for about 15 seconds!
# The Romans used crushed mouse brains as toothpaste.
# If you consume takeaways on a regular basis you will swallow about 12 pubic hairs a year.
# You don’t sweat evenly under each arm. Right-handed people sweat more under their left arm and it’s the right arm that gets sweatier for left-handed people.