the adherents

Learn languages the easiest way!

Learn languages the easiest way!
Click the logo above to experience the best way to learn spoken languages :~)

(,") (",)

Keep on smiling. Like yawning, it's contagious. Trust me.

facebook.formspring.twitter.


Blogger Widgets

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Funny experience :)

It's been ages since my last post and now, here I am, writing what just came on my mind.

Well, my housemate's friends, oh, forgot to tell you that I'm now in Australia for my studies. Will be back in Malaysia in two years time :) Wish me the best.

Okay, here's the story. My housemate's friend, Winnie, (she's a Hongkie btw), asked me something. Here's the conversation.

(Situation: I have a housemate, Justin, which lives downstairs with his girlfriend. Winnie and Iris are his friends. I live upstairs with another four Malaysian girls (K. Nad, Noli, TqaSham) in separate rooms and they all wear tudung and I don't.)

This conversation took place in the kitchen when I went down to get the Chilli Sauce and Winnie, Iris and someone (I can't remember) was there)

Winnie: Can I ask you something?
Ilyana: Yeah, sure. (Looking at her with a puzzled look but smiled anyway.)
Winnie: Are you a Muslim?
Ilyana: Yes, I am. (dengan muka bangga)
Winnie: Oh, may I know why you're not wearing that thing on your head like Nadiah and others? (Asking with a gesture showing it's the scarf)

Before I could I answer, she interrupted, with the excited look on her face,
Winnie: Oh, I know! I know! When you birth, (thinking), when you were born, if your mother doesn't put that thing on your head, then, u don't have to wear forever!

Ilyana: (Laughed) No. No. (Thinking the simplest way to tell her and remembered my friend's story about her housemate.) Um, well, like in certain religion, The Catholics, they can't drink but they drink. Their religion doesn't allow them to do so but they do it anyway. So, that's what I'm doing. I should wear it but I don't.
Iris: (With a happy face) Wow! So, u drink??

We all laughed together when I answered no.


Haha. Okay. That's the story. Will update you bout my life here in Australia. Have uploaded lotsa piccies in my Facebook though :)

2 comments:

Shrini said...

hey..nyc outlook...even i hav a blog of my own..i write but not that regular...hey can u help with something...even i want to get my brand of music play wen sombody opens my blog...how do i do it...

http://www.srinivas-myspace.blogspot.com/

Ilyana Fauzy said...

u can just click on my teddy bear player. a window will pop out. u can choose the music u like from there :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails